After Treatment Care
The effects of deeper techniques can take several days to be fully absorbed, so you may feel stiff and sore. This is a sign that stored toxins within the tissues of your body are working their way out.
Here are some suggestions to help your massage be more beneficial:
- Drink Water for the next couple of days. Massage releases lactic acid and other substances that build up in your body.
- A good measure to follow is that 1/2 of your body weight in ounces is considered the proper amount of water to drink daily.
- For example, if you weigh 100 lbs., you should drink 50 ounces of water daily. This will help cleanse and hydrate your system to flush out the impurities that any massage will bring to the surface that your body should get rid of.
- Take a relaxing bath with any of the following:
- 1/2 cup of baking soda & 1/2 cup of Epsom or sea salt.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar.
- A stretching routine between therapy sessions will bring about needed change for muscles.
- Should you have any concerns about the way you are feeling after your treatment, do not hesitate to call.